You need the perfect Christmas gift for the Jane Austen lover in your life, but where to start? One of the privileges of being a Jane Austen soapmaker is meeting other Jane Austen makers who have an array of lovely and unique products. I’ve compiled a curated list of unique items that I’ve found and delighted in. If what I’ve linked to is sold out, most of these shops have an abundance of other Jane Austen and literary inspired items sure to soothe the soul.
The list totals eleven items (and a couple extras I snuck in), but I could have gone on with more! I hope you enjoy perusing them! All are unique and most handmade.
- Lively Lines Poster. A delightful poster full of words from Jane Austen’s novels and letters. Available from Uncommon Goods.
- Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy Worry doll set, available from House of Worry Dolls on Etsy. These can come as ornaments too! With so many literary inspired figures in this shop you are sure to find something.
- Watercolor with Jane Austen quote, available from Lucy in the Sky on Etsy. Features a favorite quote of mine.
- This embroidered art featuring Sense and Sensibility is a one of of kind piece from EttinMoor on Etsy. She has several other embroidered pieces inspired by Jane Austen in her shop.
- Mary Musgrove’s Restorative bar soap. A wintery herbal soap inspired from Persuasion, by Northanger Soapworks. (that’s me!) So many other Jane Austen inspired bath products are in the shop too.
- Pride and Prejudice map by Pemberley Pond on Etsy. Such a fun and whimsical item.
- Pride and Prejudice Literary Handbag, by Enjoy the Traffic on Etsy.
- Longbourn Wedding Tea, by Bingley’s Teas. This company has so many Jane Austen concoctions, you’ll be kept very warm indeed!
- Elizabeth Bennet Bookmark, by Carrot Top Paper Shop on Etsy. So many lovely things in this shop I want them all!
- Regency Jockey Bonnet by Thomas Fortin Creative on Etsy. I have been so impressed with the quality workmanship and detail of these bonnets.
- Mr. Darcy Art Print christmas ornament, by Antique Fashionista on Etsy. Such beautiful art prints.
This gift guide isn’t book focused but I had to mention two new books that have come out this fall that I look forward to reading. The first is Rational Creatures, a new anthology with sixteen stories of Austen’s heroines. The second is Praying with Jane: 31 days through the prayers of Jane Austen. I’m so excited for them both!
Happy shopping to you all! I hope this guide has been helpful to those looking for just the right gift. If you are looking for more ideas, check out my Jane Austen gifts Pinterest board!